Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Cried The Other Day

So, life has been pretty good lately.  It has felt calm, but with a sense of purpose.  I have made some great decisions about the next chapter of my life, and I am finally moving forward.  I am about to open a really fun show, Crazy For You at the Hale in Orem, and my role is really fun, and my biggest stress with it is how to keep a straight face on stage with the actor who plays my opposite.  And how to dance in my 3-inch stilettos.  

Last week, as I was driving (ironically) to a session with my therapist, I started to think about what to talk to her about.  I have a few little quirks I have discovered that I might want to process, but nothing major.  No anxiety in my space for a while, and none on the horizon.  What a nice feeling.

I realized, with a rush of gratitude that enveloped my whole soul, that right now is basically the first time in 9 years that I have not felt like I have been in the midst of one trial or another.  Aside from your average daily concerns and minor things that anyone might worry about, I do not have much in the way of personal adversity in my life at this moment.  I couldn't believe it.  I cried.  Hard.  In my car.  

I can honestly say, without any caveats in my head, that I am really happy.  I know I am supposed to be happy "even in the midst of trial," but you know what?  That is really hard sometimes, and even when I am doing really well with a particular issue, and I am content, and I can say life is good, for a long time I have still had things pressing down on my spirit.  And I know this won't last; before too long I am sure I will have another growing experience.  And that is as it should be, I guess.  But for the time being, I am at rest. 

I just thank God for this right now.  That's all.  


3 comments:

  1. every one needs a reprieve. I am happy you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have totally been there and one of the best places to cry IS the car! Mine has been accompanied by some sort of music, such as "Listen to your Heart" by Roxette. . . :) Ha ha ha! I know I'm a little dramatic like that. But as you said, a good cry can bring out the strength of the emotions you are feeling. I am happy that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the bliss to be able to say, "I am at rest." Amazing. It has been hard-earned and is well-deserved for you. I confess I am envious. I would not want to have paid the price you have had to pay, of course...but I am really moved by the honest way you are able to share your soul. Love you! C.

    ReplyDelete