Sunday, October 28, 2012

Di-sgusting.

Two nights ago, I was coming home late from a friend's house.  As I approached the intersection across from my apartment, I saw a man clearly urinating on the sidewalk.  He was angled into an inside corner of a building, all guilty-urinator-looking, and there was a stream coming down the sidewalk.  I continued to pass by, completely disgusted.  The worst part?  He was wearing a suit.  Meaning, HE WAS CLEARLY NOT HOMELESS.  It is not like he had no other place to go.  There were many establishments still open at that time of night that would have let him in to use the bathroom.  He may have been drunk, but not homeless.  Therefore, in my humble, yet correct opinion, there was no excuse for his behavior.  I was totally appalled, and just kept walking, trying to wrap my brain around what I had just seen. 

I really don't understand how that is considered OK in this city.  I totally assumed that every time I had smelled urine in the street or train station (which is often, at least once a day) that it was a homeless person who had no where else to go, or had been incapacitated in some way.  But maybe I am overestimating the refinement of the general population.  Is this common with people who are NOT homeless??  I can't even guess.

The most amazing moment came when I was in the middle of the street a minute later, waiting to cross traffic, when the same guy walked up behind me.  As he passed by, he said, "No disrespectin' Love.  I just really had to go."

?????!!!!!

I was so surprised/appalled/still processing what just happened that I didn't even get the chance to give him my best dirty look.

No comments:

Post a Comment