Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas

Now that I have gotten that awkward/amazing adventure off my chest, here is a little Christmas update for you. 

Being at home was amazing!  The weather was yummy and snowy, and we had a beautiful white Christmas.  I think my favorite day was Christmas Eve.  By that time, Teresa and her family were in Mapleton, and we just had a relaxing cozy day at home.  Layne and I were both in the kitchen a whole bunch; I made granola and cookies, and Layne made soup and bread.  The evening finished off with the annual Nativity, and of course, the Dansel story.  Traditional brilliance, complete with my mom getting down on the floor by the tree to listen with the boys.  You can't really see her in the picture, but oh, she is there.  Sweet Mom.


Christmas was great.  Presents, food, Christmas caroling to a rest home, more food, and good times.
Just needed to throw in my Christmas stocking.  Mom made all of these for us when we were born.  She now makes stockings for everyone who comes into our family, whether by marriage or the birth of grandchildren.  I love this. 

Mom turned 75! She is beautiful, brilliant, kind, good, smart, spunky, and a great mom.  I sure love her.  Gary and Melissa sent 75 flowers for the day, and I got on Facebook and enlisted my friends to send her at least 75 birthday wishes.  We topped out at 109!  Some people she knew, some she didn't, but it was really fun.

We hit St. George for little Stella's blessing.   Mom made the dress, of course, and it was so cute.  What a beauty she is, and how I love Mike and Sarah and their family.  They are growing up so fast, and I miss them!  Lincoln, Sam, and James sure adore their baby sister. 






 


We also stopped by and saw my Aunt Alice, in rehab after a bad fall off her roof while re-roofing with my uncle.  Those crazy kids.

I spent my last night with Teresa, Layne, and these little ones so T could get up in the middle of the night and drop me off at the airport.  What a champ.  And I love these here kids.  Jake, Jonny, Megan, Rachel.  Yep.  I will keep them.  That's for sure.

Around all the family time, I squeezed in time with friends like the Littles, Amanda Crabb, Katie Hill, and other really important people in my life.  It was a crazy, busy two weeks, and I loved being home.  So much.

Right now, as it is 46 degrees here and 11 degrees in Utah, I don't miss home so much.  I will stay here and feel great about it.  But Happy New Year anyway.

2 comments:

  1. So, so fun to see all these pics! Pics like these make me REALLY miss living in Utah! So much! How fun to spend time with so much family. And I love to see all the nieces and nephews. So cute! BTW, you look particularly gorgeous these days...I am loving the shot of you and Stella (in which she is clearly smiling!!!) as well as the shot of you with Alice. Hello!? Who looks that good to go to the hospital? Apparently you do!
    PS A little thrill of joy shot through me when I saw your stocking. Love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your family and LOVE seeing your mom and dad. They are amazing people! Such fond memories from my days with the gang in Walnut Creek 3rd!

    ReplyDelete