Sunday, June 2, 2013

Oh Hey, Coney Island.

 
Crossed off Coney Island from my NYC Summer Bucket List this week.  It was super fun, and I just really adore my friends.  It was a beautiful day, and we went to the beach and then to Luna Park, the amusement park in residence.  I kind of got giddy, like I was some teenager again at Six Flags with my friends.  It has been SO LONG since I have been on a roller coaster and I was so excited.

Then I got sick on one of the rides, and remembered why I don't do certain ones.  And that I am old.

But no matter, I sat out for a few that I knew I would hate, and then got right back on the roller coasters.  It was crazy; they were so fun and so painful at the same time.  How is that even possible?  Why was this an OK combination when I was a kid?  This warning on one of the rides really made me laugh, for some reason:

Not a kid anymore.  And I sure can't get away with two helpings of ice cream.  Lesson learned.

Coney Island: Check.

At least I did well with my sunscreen.  Safety first.






No comments:

Post a Comment