Thursday, February 20, 2014

Laundry Is The Worst.

Let it be known that laundromat living is totally for the birds.  It is definitely one of the worst aspects about living in New York, if you don't have laundry in your apartment or building.  Those places are always more expensive, so it is to the laundromat I go.  I take my huge bag of clothes in my arms, with my detergent and bag of quarters (ughhhh....) and walk down from my fifth floor apartment (that's four flights of stairs), trek one avenue block (those suckers are really long, fyi) and enter a laundromat that has signs like this: 
This.  This is living.

Sometimes I wait there, and sometimes, if I am trying to really multi-task, I go back and forth to my apartment.  Then the whole journey reverses itself.  Huge bag, one odyssey-length avenue block, up the stairs to my fifth floor apartment.  Is it any wonder that I have enough pairs of underthings to last me a few weeks? And that I hoard quarters like I need to be on that gross TV show?


And, is it any wonder that I then have to entertain myself by taking lame selfies and pretending I am practicing head shot poses?  No. No wonder at all.  And honestly, I was laughing really hard.  Sometimes I'm really funny.

1 comment: