Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Weekend I Introduced My Boyfriend to My Long-Distance Boyfriend, Or In Other Words, Thanksgiving.

For Thanksgiving I went home!  To my New York City, that is.  It was awesome.  Danny and I drove up Wednesday, as he was spending Thanksgiving with family in New Jersey, and had a great day, culminating in his introduction to Levain Bakery, of course. 

Look at the love forming on that face. #newrelationship


As we drove closer to the city and could see the skyline, I just couldn't stop smiling.  I was so happy! 

Definitely woke up to this on Thanksgiving from that boy. :-)


Thursday I had to start out with a run in Central Park, of course.  To burn some calories, you know.  And...Central Park in the fall.  #nobrainer

 

Oh, how I miss this view.  Be still, my heart.


 

 

 

(Full disclosure: the above amazing fall pics are from the weekend as a whole, not just my run.  I didn't stop THAT many times.  But seriously.  Could you blame me if I did?)

 Danny was with his family in Jersey, and in the meantime,  I had all 5 million of my best friends for Thanksgiving dinner at Rachel Perkins' apartment! (She's a brave woman, that Rachel).

 



 

Maybe not 5 million, and truthfully, I didn't know ALL of them.  But I knew most of them, and could confidently say I spent Thanksgiving with my people. (Minus Danny.  Have to give that shout-out).

 

Rachel, our amazing host, needing a minute...

And finally eating...
 
Danny came into the city on Friday, and we spent the day kicking around the NYC.  He's been there before, but I got to show him things that I loved as a local, not the touristy stuff.  It was awesome.  

 

 

Brook and I let Danny be in our usual selfie.  You're welcome, Babe.

 

 

I took him to Jacob's Pickle for breakfast, then we explored St. John The Divine Cathedral.  We both love churches.  We then went up to Inwood to Fort Tryon Park and The Cloisters, and enjoyed the medieval religious art in a gorgeous setting. 

 

 

There was a quick stop at the High Line, a failed attempt at the Hamilton lottery, and dinner at a diner near Union Square.  By the end of the day, we were so exhausted!  But the day was fantastic, with lovely weather. 

Little bit of sunset on the High Line, you know.

Saturday I had lunch with Brenden and Deb, and saw her baby bump.  She is going to make an adorable mom.  

 

 

Saturday night was a low-key night eating leftovers and watching a movie.

 

Sunday I visited my old Harlem ward before heading back out to Jersey to meet Danny for the drive back to Virginia.  It was a great weekend, and total confirmation that this place still has my heart, but Virginia is for lovers, so they say.  Hmmm....#foreshadowing ;-)

#nycloveaffair


No comments:

Post a Comment