Sunday, November 20, 2016

Remember How I Can't Quit New York City?

Therefore, Danny and I headed up to my happy place for Memorial Day weekend.  It was a great weekend.  We got in late Friday night, and spent Saturday with his siblings.  

 

Maia, Megan and me.  Two of my new sistas!
 

I played the tour guide, for the most part, and it was really fun to spend some quality time and get to know them.  Maia and Matt both live on the east coast, in NJ and NY, respectively.  Megan was living in Vegas at the time, but came out for the weekend, partly to get to know me (pressure!).  (It's OK.  Not a ton of pressure.  Just fun).  

 

We ran around the city, ate good food, of course, and saw Fiddler On The Roof, which was a stunning production.  Brought back a few memories of doing the show in high school- that production was basically just as good....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday we did just about nothing except go to church and it was lovely.  The day was gorgeous, so we went and sat in Central Park for much of the morning, and among people watching and laying on a blanket, attempted to take a good selfie, at which we failed, of course. 

Truly, one of my favorite views in the whole city.
 
After church we just spent some time with a few close friends of mine.  Bonus- some of my really good friends from Utah, the Lttle siblings and Joseph Ogden, happened to be in town that weekend, so they stopped by too.  It was great to see them and introduce Danny to some of my Utah people.

Monday I hosted a brunch with my NYC people, and it was crowded, loud, and awesome.  With great food, of course.  Danny was a champion, and so were my friends, who really reached out to him and tried to get to know him.  I love my friends so much, and still miss them.  It was great to see all of them again. 

Suzanne

Brook and I and our selfies.

Angela, Mel and Amber

Memorial Day weekend was a win for the books.  And still planning, planning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment