Sunday, December 19, 2010

No Filter.

Are any of your surprised by this title? I didn't think so.

So, yesterday, our church choir was rehearsing for the Christmas program. We were practicing "Silent Night," and there was an issue about the cut-off for the end of the line "Sleep in Heavenly Peace." Too many people were putting too much emphasis on the S sound in Peace, which is pretty common. Someone suggested that if they were not sure when to end the word, to just not say the S at all. So, of course, I pipe up and say....

"But the means you are sleeping in heavenly pee!"

....I thought I was pretty funny.

You know who else thought I was funny?

My dad.

My mom was a little grossed out.

Others were a little bit shocked at my irreverence, and gave that nervous laughter. In my life, sadly, I have heard that many times in result of something I have said.

Irreverent, yes. But funny.

3 comments:

  1. LOL I think you're funny. Love the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your comment was funny and totally would have laughed whole heartedly for you. BTW- love the post before this one, and I welcome Nicole Riding 2.0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make me laugh. wish I was there...I would have had your back and laughed along with your dad. the difference between you and me? I think stuff like that...but you are actually brave enough to say them :)

    ReplyDelete