Monday, April 7, 2014

Friendsies Post

So I like my friends.  They're great. 

Like my friend Melanie.  She moved here a year ago, and we became friends pretty quickly.  She's funny, kind, loves food, and would do anything for anyone.  I'm glad to have her here.  For her 1 year anniversary in the city, she decided to to a 10K.  But not a race.  A 10K of her favorite places to eat in NYC.  So we met at Prosperity Dumpling in Chinatown and worked our way through the city, eating at 6 different places; one for every mile of a 10K.  It was so fun, and hysterical.  I did a pretty good job of pacing myself.  I also started out STARVING so I had a head start, I would say.  But it was a great way to celebrate Melanie.

Prosperity Dumpling with Jon, Ros, Mel, and Dallin

This picture just needed to happen.

Rice to Riches


Their signage is pretty great...
The group.

Artichoke Pizza with Mike, Deb, and Brendan
Then there is my friend Carolyn.  Her birthday is a few days before mine, and we surprised her at her apartment with Koronets pizza and ice cream, and a Levain cookie.  Well, I showed up later after a class, but you know.  I was there in spirit.  Carolyn is someone that I love.  She is so genuine and darling, and GOOD.  She helps me keep perspective on things that are important.  And she makes me laugh.  



I like them.  I think I will keep them.

1 comment: