Thursday, January 29, 2015

Out of the mouth of babes


When I was home for Christmas, 5 year old James was sitting on my lap and he looked up at me and said, "Have you found a husband yet?' in the sweetest voice imaginable.  I smiled and said, "Nope.  Maybe you can be my husband."  He just laughed and said "No!"

*Side note: A few minutes later, he looked up at me again and said in the same sweet voice, "That was a good one."  And then promptly farted in my lap.  But I digress....


Later on I told Sarah what he had said (about the husband).  Sarah looked at me and said, "That's because he prays for it every night.  He says, 'Please bless Aunt Nicole that she will find someone to take her to the temple who will be nice to her.'  Every night."

I may have cried a little bit.  From your mouth to God's ears, James. 

1 comment: