Friday, December 19, 2014

Creche at the Met

My friend Tamara and I went to see the Christmas Tree and Neopolitan Baroque Creche at the Metrolpolitan Museum of Art.  It dates back to the 18th Century, and was stunning.  It was hard to capture it in pictures.  But I sure tried.  We had a tour guide give us an hour long talk as we walked around the tree, explaining the symbolism of the figures; it was so fascinating, and I couldn't remember most of it to write here if I tried. :-)  It was a lot of information, but really cool.  Merry Christmas, from the 1700's.
#nycloveaffair

















1 comment:

  1. SOOOO cool! I would have LOVED this! I am convinced you love NYC so much because you take advantage of so many opportunities to do cool things there. #justalittlejealous

    ReplyDelete