Friday, December 19, 2014

December Happenings (So Far)


My little Charlie Brown Christmas tree, and I love it.


Annual Jeff and Nicole Christmas night, with dinner and a cheesy Christmas movie.  We are trying to not have double chins in this picture, just like Dolly Parton, who we were watching in A Smokey Mountain Christmas.  (Disclaimer- Jeff and I are not dating, though I have had many comments and questions about it.  He is one of my dearest friends, and that is all. :-))


We really should send out Christmas cards....



Sometimes you go to see the Rockefeller Tree on a rainy night, and look up at this.  The star of the tree is at the very bottom.  I just wonder where the Batman signal was, because clearly he was being summoned to Gotham City.


The gorgeous Rockefeller Tree, of course.  And my friend David and I in front, looking very wet.  




Jon and I at the stake Christmas Concert.  We both performed.  I sang O Holy Night, and he sang Silent Night.  My performance was not as good as I knew it could have been, and I was pretty disappointed.  But I guess most people didn't notice.  I sure did.  That's what I get for being a perfectionist. But the concert went well; we did two performances and they were both packed.  


Somehow, when I was 12 and Jen was born, I had the forethought to decide that I wanted to give all my nieces and nephews their Baby's First Christmas ornaments.  Who knew that back then, I would already know I would be campaigning for the title of Favorite Aunt?  23 years and 29 nieces and nephews later, it's still my thing for all my babies.  Maggie got hers this year, and I think that is it.  Who wants to volunteer to give them to my own babies?  I mean, I can do it, but I thought I might give someone else the chance to be the awesome aunt/uncle....


Yesterday I volunteered at Holy Apostle Soup Kitchen, where only the best and classiest in sanitary wear are acceptable.  

But these windows!  The whole church was filled with these.  So stunning.





1 comment:

  1. So cool that you get to see the actual Rockefeller tree!!! Also, did you cut your hair? It is looking really fabulous in these pics! I am sorry you didn't feel like you did your best in your performance, but I'm sure it was still awesome!

    And ps. Me. I will get your kids their first ornament. My kids' from you are hanging on the tree near me right now! xo and thank you!

    ReplyDelete