Tuesday, January 26, 2016

#mysocalleddclife Begins!


Rolling along into September, 2015...
So....I'm here.  And this is my house.  With my car in front of it.  #homesweetdchome

 

Something that made me laugh really hard when I first got here is when I asked where the nearest grocery store was.  My new roommate Jenny told me where there was a Safeway, but "it's really not very big."   Well, I got there, and compared to the grocery stores in NYC, this place was absolutely palatial.  (To be fair, it is smaller than others in the area, now that I'm used to this place a little more.)  But small?  No.

 

I had brought some of Jen and Jason's things with me, because did I forget to mention that they live in the DC area too??  Yes!  Jason is in his last year of law school here, and I am so happy to have some family around.  So I got to see them very quickly, and they still definitely had the newlywed glow, even on a rainy Saturday afternoon. 


A week or so after arriving, my friend Danny took me kayaking on the Potomac River.  It was a perfect time of day, and incredible weather.  

 

I think I may like it here!
  
 
 
 

Also, a run on the Mt. Vernon Parkway, which Danny also recommended.  I was loving finding beautiful places in my new home.


 


I also went to an airshow with some new friends.  I had a lot of opportunities to jump into social situations, which was really good for me.  I also got asked out on some dates pretty quickly, which was an amazing, wonderful change from my dating life in NYC.  So my first week or so in Virginia was a success, I would say!




Don't ask me what ANY of the above planes are.  I don't know. But they're cool, right?


Side note: This is possibly the best photo bomb I have ever accomplished.  Erin had no idea and it was amazing.


1 comment: