Sunday, January 3, 2016

Texas, Jen's Wedding, A New Car, And All Of The Things...

I was in DC for two days before flying to Texas for Jen's wedding.  Yes.  My niece got married September 5th.  I can't believe it either, but it was so great!  I went out early to spend the week in Texas because, why not?  I didn't have a job or a car yet, so I was pretty immobile in Virginia.  I planned on buying one with Dad in Texas.  So I thought I might as well go early, hang out with family, have the time to look at cars, and give myself a break from life.  It was awesome.


The week was filled with family arriving, helping with a bridal shower and other wedding prep, and buying a gorgeous Honda CR-V.  I'm so happy to have a car again!  Yes.  I think this will be a good match. :-)



It was a big moment, exchanging my metro card for car keys as my symbol of transportation. 

Gary and Melissa threw a great party at their house on Friday night for the two families and close friends.  It was so fun to just relax and chat with my siblings!  I was in heaven.  The only sib who couldn't make it out was Teresa, and we missed her.  But there was no way she was going to leave Layne at this point.  Sarah stayed home as well, and Steve.  But Dave and Becca came, Mike, and Cyndi and I.  And Mom and Dad, of course.


Aunt/Grandma of the bride wedding prep, naturally.  And Gary/Melissa's backyard is stunning.  That's all.




Jen's wedding day was HOT.  But so lovely and fun!  The ceremony in the Dallas Temple was beautiful, with my dad officiating.   I was so emotional, and so happy for my incredible niece.  I'm so proud of her I could burst!  She was a stunning bride, and Jason was so handsome.  It was really wonderful to see them together.




I think they like each other.  A little. 


This.  Oldest and the youngest. 


And these handsome boys!


A wedding selfie with my girl was a need.  Definitely.


It never ceases to amaze me that my nieces and nephews are growing up while I stay the same age. I don't get it. ;-)  But seriously, I love all these transitions.  And now I have a new nephew!  It's the best.




Sisters of the bride!




Love. This. Picture.  (The one with Melissa.  However, I do also enjoy Mike and Dave.  A lot.)




I may look like a football player with the angle my shoulders are at, but I had to post the picture anyway.



Chris was definitely missed!  And I like my family.





Father/Daughter dance, and I cried.  First dance together, and I cried.





"You can take the Ridings out of the cultural hall, but you can't take the cultural hall out of the Ridings." -Cyndi
(Disclaimer: this was after the reception.  So not as bad as you might think.  But still, we are pretty classy folk.)

After the wedding we celebrated Labor Day with a brunch with the Ridings and Spencers, and then headed over to the Riding's to relax for the afternoon in the pool.  It was basically a perfect day.





My kids and me.   And of course, some Amy time in the pool.  And out of it.  Talking about life.  Like we do. 


What a great week.  Just in transition, no job, just the freedom to hang out with my family and witness one of my favorite girls in the world marry her love.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this!!!!!! I need some blogging time! I snuck a moment to catch up on yours. You captured that perfect weekend perfectly. xo

    ReplyDelete