Sunday, February 28, 2016

Just a little bit of fall...



October started and along with it came General Conference, which is one of my favorite weekends of the year.  This time, Jen and Jason came over for brunch, and it was so great!  I love living by them.  

 

The month kept rolling along, and the weather stayed very warm, and the leaves were changing, and I found myself falling in love with Virginia.  It is beautiful here!  This tree is in my friend Stephanie's neighborhood.  I may have used a filter, but the color was there!  

 

And, I need to point out this: My seasonal obsession with Reese's has worked its way over to Twix, since they have those in shapes too!  I was in pre-Halloween heaven.  

 

As I have explored my new world here, I learned that I live by a Masonic temple, and it is beautiful.  And for a little while I worked by the US Marine Corps War Memorial.  It was a gorgeous day, and I was out walking on my lunch break. Discovered it practically across the street.  I had one of those moments I've had so many times in NYC, when I see something in real life I have only seen in pictures or movies until then.  "I live here!  That's so cool!"

 

What an iconic site; I just couldn't get enough of it.

 

I went on two separate dates, one day apart, in which I had different, but amazing views of the Washington Monument.  Seriously.


The DC mid-singles conference happened, and some of my great friends came down from NYC to attend.

Rob, Angelique, Rachel


They kind of made my weekend.  It was so fun, just like last year!  And I laughed so hard and stayed up till all hours debriefing with my girls, as usual.  We were exhausted all weekend, and case in point:

Brook, Dave, Kristi
   
Every girl needs that.  Good, solid girlfriends. These are some of mine.  There were guys there too, I 
 shouldn't fail to mention.  Like Dave, our stalwart friend who is always up for an adventure and back-seat-nap with the girls.  He's no dummy.

  

 Shenanigans ensued, that's for sure.  That's what we were there for, right?  It was great. Except I was in my own bed this time, which made it eve more fun. :-) 

We spent SAturday evening at a farm out in Maryland.  Much colder than I expected, but beautiful, and when we started the contra dancing, all thoughts of being freezing left as I didn't stop moving for hours.  It was awesome. 

 

 

Creepy.  That's all.


My NYC crew.  I still 100% consider myself a part of that New York place.  I think it will be a while till I fully let go of my life there, in the way that lets me really settle in to my new home.  And I'm OK with that.  And, naturally, Brook and I have our customary amazing selfie.  This girl has skills.  She's always holding the camera.  I sure like her.  

A great weekend to really welcome the fall season.  I was ready.

1 comment:

  1. I'm no dummy is right!

    As always - loving the updates.

    ReplyDelete