Sunday, March 20, 2016

Old Rag

The fall season was amazing, and beautiful.  I have discovered as well, that I have this fascination with the Shenandoah/Blue Ridge Mountains area.  I don't even know exactly what all that means geographically, but I love the Carolinas for that reason, and Virginia is turning out to be the same.  At the end of October, I hiked a trail called Old Rag with some people, only knowing a couple of them as the day started.  Danny and I were a brand new couple, so it was really through him that I was invited.  We had such a great day, and I enjoyed making some new friends immensely!  Old Rag is apparently one of the most popular trails around here, especially in the fall, for obvious reasons.  The leaves are just amazing.  It took us all day, and was pretty crowded, but totally worth the crowds.  I couldn't have been happier, with the boy I was hiking with, and the rest of the company.  There are days and activities and events in life that just work sometimes, and you can't explain it.  This was one of those days for me.  It was just perfect.  The people, the scenery, the weather, the activity, just a perfect fall day.   I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves, mostly.  And interject here and there.  Enjoy the view.  I sure did.



This is the day I learned my new boyfriend was actually a billy goat.




This is Katy.  I discovered she's my people.  It was a good moment.
Danny, trying to move the world.  It's fine.
This is still one of my favorite pictures.
Maybe I needed a Lion King moment.  With my backpack.
At the top.
Really, there is nothing I need to say about this.

Really dark picture of us.  But a brilliant view on the way down.
Like I said.  I kind of found my people.
Sunset on an abandoned house on the way out of the park. Stunning.

When you get to end a perfect day with this sight, it just feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment