Sunday, August 21, 2016

Snowzilla



Overall, the winter here was actually pretty mild.  We had some snow, but for the most part it didn't stay long, and the temperatures were higher than average.  And then there was Snowzilla.  Yes, that was the official name for this storm, so named by all the news outlets.  It was projected to be two feet of snow, which apparently shuts down all of the DC metro area.  Danny was on a business trip all week, and I was worried about him getting back in time.  Friday I was given the day off in preparation for the storm hitting, and Danny was supposed to fly in to Philadelphia that evening, not able to find a flight arriving at a closer airport.  All flights were cancelled otherwise.  I decided to go up to get him at the airport, a two and a half hour drive away.  It was risky, as the storm was supposed to hit right around the time of our drive back, but I didn't want to spend the weekend without him in case he got stranded.  So off I went.  I picked him up just fine, but driving south that night was slow going as the snow was going full force by then.  Thank goodness for my CR-V with all-wheel drive!  

 

Anyway, we got home safe and sound.  Danny grabbed some clothes and we settled in at my house for the weekend, knowing we would be snowed in.  And we were.  In fact, Danny's roommates Colin and Marcus came over in the morning, hiking through the snow, and just stayed.  

 

My roommate Eleesha's boyfriend Travis also came to town for the weekend.  We just all bunkered down.  Church was cancelled on Sunday, and then work was cancelled both Monday and Tuesday, because public transportation was not running. 

Colin wanted to snuggle.  It was fine.


And it was an awesome weekend!  So relaxed and nice, because we couldn't go anywhere.  We all had a great time together, and Danny headed up the mission to dig all of our cars out of the snow.  

Jenny and I felt the need to rate Danny's form.  A perfect 10!

What I loved about him was that he didn't just dig mine out.  He dug out my roommates too.  What a gem.  I pretty much knew I would keep him that weekend.  


Snowzilla made some serious havoc, but to me, it was a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Gifts of service=my love language. Danny scores huge points in my book!

    ReplyDelete