Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fall in Virginia is No Joke. And I Love It.


I really do love the fall in the South.  The weather is really nice, and the leaves...I just can't get enough.  And there is apple-picking!  Danny is not as enamored by that as I am, because he grew up picking apples and whatnot, but ever since I moved back East in general (I went one year in NYC too) I have found apple-picking to be an amazing fall activity.  So of course, I just grabbed my friend Katy and we went on our way and had a great time!  

 

Poop happens, you guys.  It happens.


 

General Conference happened, and it was a delightful weekend at home with my favorite.  I have to admit, I get a little crazy in the October and November, because I want to to aaalllll the fall things.  

 

And eat all the pumpkin. Danny was a good sport throughout most of it, but he got a little tired, I think. :-)   But he still knows what I love, at the end of a hard day. 

He knows me.

 

We hit up Gettysburg on Columbus Day, and that was fascinating and beautiful.  I couldn't believe the expanse of the battlefield.  And of course, the day would not be complete without a Confederate flag coming out of my sandwich.  Apparently. 


 

 

 

The end of October brought a fast and furious day trip to New York City, and of course, some Levain Bakery and Central Park, two of my favorite things, with my absolute favorite person.

In November, Danny's parents came, giving us an excuse to drive Skyline Drive inside Shenandoah National Park.  It was a beautiful day! 

 

 

 

Then on Veterans' Day Danny and I took a hike nearby our apartment.  I just love being outside in nice fall weather. 

 



Thanksgiving!  My favorite!  Danny and I spent it with his siblings Maia, Matt and families in New Jersey, and then spent Friday in New York City with friends.   I made sure to get down to the Post-it Wall in Union Square Station, where the community spontaneously created a wall of notes in reaction to the election of President Trump.  It was really moving. I miss being in a city that moves as a community that way.

 

 

Of course, some of the Christmas decorations were already up in the City, which was a perfect ushering in of the Holiday season for me.  I love New York during the holidays.  So much. And I also love that my man will take me to a Broadway musical every once in a while.  









Dang.  I miss that city.  But I'd leave it all again just to meet and marry Danny.  #worthitalltheway xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment