Sunday, April 24, 2011

Me-hee-co!


My parents' 50th wedding anniversary is in July. So, in celebration, they took all of us kids and the spouses (and my date, my rad cousin Emily) to Mexico. It was amazing! We went to a resort called Barcelo Maya, just south of Tulum.





The week consisted of some major beach time, eating, seeing the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza and Tulum, eating, massages on the beach, more eating.





Emily is the best travel partner ever! She just jumped right in with my family and everyone had a great time. She and my sister Cyndi are both pregnant, and they were such troupers. I heart her. She is a total party.















This is Chichen Itza; it was fascinating to learn about the ancient Mayan civilization. Tulum was also really cool.





Obviously, scenic views were not hard to find.

















We ate a ton, of course, because everything was basically a buffet, or 4 course meal.















Sarah, Mike and I went to the Discotheque. It was so lame, and gross. Just a yucky club. But we
danced and laughed our guts out for about 15 minutes. Sarah and I totally know how to work it, for sure. This is our famous dance move, the Back Scratch. It's going to be big.













So, on the website were all these super happy-looking couples dressed all in white, for some reason, to show the amazing-ness of Barcelo. Mike and Sarah assumed that was the dress code.














My cute parents! My mom LOVES the beach. Seriously.













Sometimes I think I can do yoga. It's fine. Don't be alarmed. I know my standing leg is bent; I didn't say I was good.


One of my favorite things of the week was the cenote. It is a huge sink hole with water in it. In ancient times the Mayans would throw human sacrifices in to appease whatever gods they were worshipping. This one was discovered and cleaned out, obviously, but apparently it was just filled with jewels and human remains. So creepy, but gorgeous!







On Thursday night, we had a big celebration of the anniversary. Sure do think my parents are cool.


The Anniversary couple...






























My SIL's Becca and Melissa. Love.




















And...spa day for the ladies...don't be jealous.














Pretty much, it was bliss. And not fun to come back to a snow storm.















1 comment:

  1. What fun pictures! It looks like you all had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete