Friday, April 15, 2011

My Faves #1

I was reading my scriptures this morning, and came across Matthew 18: 11-13, the Parable of the Lost Sheep.

11For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

12How think ye? if a man have an hundred asheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

I have decided that this is my favorite parable, because of how it illustrates that we are all known to God, and loved by Him. We are loved enough that Jesus Christ comes looking for us individually, until we are found. We ALL need finding. I believe that so strongly, and I know that I am known and loved by my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. I know that, and it is amazing to me.

I also believe, maybe more than I have in the past, that God and Christ REJOICE when we are found, and maybe even more for us at those times than at the times we think we are doing everything expected of us. They rejoice because we are learning and progressing, and coming closer to them in humility, FINALLY. Sometimes it is through the hard way, but I know that there are some things I have to learn the hard way. The last few years of my life would testify to that, but if I had not have been through the things I have, I would not be in a place to learn the things I am learning now. And I would like to think God is rejoicing over me finally saying, OK. Teach me.

One of my favorite songs right now is Amy Grant's "Better than a Hallelujah." This song says it all, in my opinion. The video is kind of sad, but see it through to the end. Enjoy.





4 comments:

  1. Love this post Nicole. I agree with you whole heartedly, and think that in some ways we all have to be found everyday, choice by choice. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok- I love the post, love the song, but that music video is heart wrenching. I had tears literally streaming down my cheeks by the end. (Ever since I had Justin my emotions when children are involved are extra close to the surface.) Jeez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole-I'm just barely returning to acknowledging the outside world again and I found my way here. Seems like things have been a little crazy for you the past year. I'm sorry. I love this post though, and the past six months have definitely shown me that we are known the most when we feel we are the most lost and afraid. What a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole. I needed to read that post today.

    ReplyDelete