Sunday, January 19, 2014

Looking back at my holidays....


I took a pretty serious break from blogging over the holidays.  I'm back now, but I can't really move into 2014 without documenting said holidays.  So here we go with Thanksgiving.  Gary used some of his flight miles to get me out to Texas to meet up with his and Carolynn's families, and Mom and Dad.  Best. Brother. Ever.  It was a joy from beginning to end, even Black Friday at Kohls with Mom and Carolynn, waiting for an hour and a half in line.  OK, that wasn't such a joy.  But we got through it, and the rest of the weekend was fabulous.  We ate, ate, and ate.  We decorated for Christmas at Gary's house, then went hot tubbing in his gorgeous backyard.  Like you do in November in Texas.  We relaxed.  We exercised (I REALLY wish I had captured a moment of my mom working out like a boss on the machines at 24 Hour Fitness.  75 and going strong, folks.)  I thoroughly enjoyed some quality time with the nieces and nephews.  Although hearing middle school-aged boys talk about girls is a little weird when I remember changing the same boys' diapers.  Just saying.  

I am so grateful for family.  It was a dream of a weekend, and the perfect way to kick off the holiday season.

Gary and Melissa inherited a veritable lawn animal zoo.  Kate loves it!  Melissa is somewhat less enthused.
Sometimes you use a new-to-you gas grill to cook a turkey, and it looks like this.  But never fear!  It was delish.

My nieces and nephews.  I can't even.  They're the best.  Well, Chris is kind of a mess, but he makes me happy anyway. ;-)

The rolls.  And Carolynn, of course, who made them.  BUT THE ROLLS.
Two of my favorite ladies and me.

The adult table, which I finally qualify to sit at, just by sheer age.  Maturity level is still a question sometimes. 

Black Friday nothing, this was Low-Key Friday at the Spencers'.
 
And, getting the Christmas season started off right with a classic, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.Just doing some gallivanting with Carolynn, the parents, and the Gavin/Caden Super-Combo.

 

  
They're the cutest.
This is the closest I got to sitting on Santa's lap.  

 

Decorating at the Ridings' was the perfect celebration. These ones.  I heart them.  And Amy was loving my camera lens.  I wish I had kept all the shots I had of her; she was working it. We must be related.  I don't know, maybe.

We also had a visit from Stephanie, my cute cousin in the area, with her family.  
Yes.

Best friends.
The guy who made it happen.  Thanks for the memories.  And the miles.  

2 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS!!!!! I am so glad you documented Thanksgiving since I am a slacker and haven't done so. I am so glad you could come. Every party is bigger when you are part of it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww.
    We are very very glad you came because it turned a celebration into a party.
    :)

    ReplyDelete