Friday, June 6, 2014

Two Beach Days In A Week. It Happened, And It Was Amazing.


Yep.  I went to the beach twice last week.  Once for Memorial Day to Riis Beach and then again to Coney Island last Saturday.  Both days were absolute heaven!  And, I bought a really cute fedora hat for the occasion.  It's the little things that make me happy.

First, I have to document the view from our Memorial Day Eve dinner at my friend Dallin's house.  And it was good. 
Then, the next day, it was totally beautiful.  Dallin chose that day to build his first intense sand castle of the summer, with a little help from Rachel and Leah.  This is not even close to the finished product, but my phone/camera died before it was done, so this is as good as I got. 
Let me be clear about the water: it was freezing.  There was no swimming happening for me.  Just some professional lounging.  I'm great at that.





 
Last Saturday my friend Mitchell was in town, and he has never been to Coney Island.  The weather was not quite as ideal, but still nice enough, so off to Coney Island we went to sit on the sand, eat a corn dog, and experience the joy of a really good ice cream sandwich.  Melanie was loving the spear she got to eat her fries with, and Brendan was just loving her fries.
 
 
These clouds were amazing.  Especially through a filter, but amazing nonetheless.  Deb, Brendan, Melanie, Jeff, Mitchell and I were so happy to be there, even if it wasn't laying out weather.  Just another perfect day, you know.  



Just Mitchell and I being idiots.  It happens sometimes.

 


1 comment: