Friday, June 6, 2014

NYC Spring = Lots Of Street Fairs


A few weeks ago, our stake held our annual street fair.  It is to raise money for the different youth camps over the summer.
  Each ward has a booth with games to play, and there are tables of donated clothing for sale, baked goods tables, and some of the best hamburgers you can imagine. 
 I am pretty sure I single-handedly sent a girl to camp based on my bakery purchases alone. (The evidence has long since been destroyed.  And by destroyed, I mean eaten).
  There was music as well by some of the incredibly talented members of our stake, like my friends Aurora and Jon, and a gorgeous day to boot. 
The best part of my day was that I FINALLY reunited with my childhood best friend, Kendra Livingstone Smoot. After almost 2 years of living in the city.  We're the worst, and we both admit it.

We had a great chat, and I got to meet her kids and chat with her husband Seth.
 All of this joy right before they move to California at the end of the summer......we are going to do dinner before they go, I promise. 

Basically, it was a day of bliss.  Pure bliss.
 


1 comment:

  1. You are so great at documenting life in NYC! So fun to read way out here in suburbia. xo!

    ReplyDelete