Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Trinity House

Rance, Lauri, Jamison
The new congregation I am a part of has been making meals for Trinity House, a homeless shelter for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender youth. (LGBT).  First of all, I am so thrilled that our community is reaching out to their community, I can't even contain myself.  It's so awesome.  Anyway, a few weeks ago I was in charge of the event.  We assembled a group, gathered at one person's apartment (Lauri, she saved me with her attention to detail), and made the dinner.  We had spaghetti, salad, bread, and brownies.  Of course, we ate some ourselves before taking it over. :-)  It was divine. 
All ready to go!


I am very uncomfortable being in charge of things like this.  It really stresses me out.  So I really was glad for Lauri's help and skill with details.  She thought of all these things that I didn't, and therefore was a huge part of the night being a success.  And I'm so glad it's over. :-)


This is our group.  We had a great time, and Trinity House was so grateful.  Those of us who delivered the food got to meet a few of the sweet souls who have taken refuge there.  It was a privilege. I can't wait to do it again.  (Can I not be in charge next time though?  Stressssss...)

You know what else is a privilege?  Rance's crazy.  He's crazy, and I love him.

1 comment:

  1. So awesome!!! Love it. Just remember you're Naomi's daughter. Preparing a fabulous meal for vast quantities of people is in your genes. xo

    ReplyDelete