Thursday, October 23, 2014

Happy New Yorkiversery To Me!

As of September 10th, I have lived in New York City for 2 years.  And in this crazy place, your New Yorkiversary is something to celebrate!  My friend Amy moved here a year later about the same time, so we decided to celebrate together, and it was the best choice we could have made.  Really though, we were congratulating ourselves on making up such a great plan for the night, and choosing such fantastic friends here. :-)
Most of the crew.  The rest met up later.

Here's what we did: First, we met up at famous Grimaldi's Pizza in Brooklyn.  The original location.  I had never actually had Grimaldi's, but it's a NYC thing.  And is was a little bit divine as far as pizza goes. 
Amy and I
Then, we walked over to the waterfront under the Brooklyn Bridge for some ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.  I was literally thinking about it for days afterward, it was so good.  And I still can't get over the fact that I live here!  Aren't I lucky?? 
Yep.  I am.


Dallin and Ty.  Singing something awesome.
After taking the actual iconic walk across the Bridge, toward the city (gorgeous, see pic above), we went to Korea Town area for some rousing Karaoke.  Four hours of it.  YES.  Four hours.  I don't understand how I got through that long and still loved it, but it was a total party.   And sometimes, dancing was involved.

So, late at night, we were done.  And the night was a huge success for all involved, and the weather was awesome to boot. 

The last two years have been fun, crazy, hard, discouraging, overwhelming, heartbreaking,  enlightening, productive, educational, ridiculous, fun, and just life.  I would not trade my time here, or what I am doing.  I know I have chosen a really hard career path, but it is mine.  And I am so lucky that I get to live in this crazy city and call it home. 

Here's to another year.  Time to saddle up.























1 comment: