Sunday, October 26, 2014

Fall Festivities, Blank Cancer and It's The Worst When Friends Move.


End of September= one of the last weekends where I got to wear shorts.  It also meant that I and a few friends went to Governors Island to a hammock grove and spent a lazy Saturday afternoon, laying on hammocks.  It was exactly what it sounds like, and it was heaven. 

With October, my yearly/seasonal obsession with pumpkin commenced in earnest!  Can you tell? 
Add some pumpkin chocolate ship muffins to a Halloween movie night with one of my favorite people, and you have a definitive festive fall evening!  For those dying to know, the movies was the classic Hocus Pocus.  Brilliance all over the place.

I made a little time for some volunteer work with a foundation called Blank Cancer.  It was raising awareness for colorectal cancer, specifically, and since that is Layne's cancer of (not his) choice, I couldn't resist getting involved. It was a full day of free fitness classes; I helped for a few hours with getting people registered for those classes, and inviting people on the street outside to take pictures with these signs for social networking purposes. 
They would fill in the blank with whatever they wanted to "do" to cancer.  Destroy it, demolish it, cure it, evade it, whatever.  There were some colorful verbs, I tell you.  :-)

Last week my friend Carolyn moved.  And I'm sad about it.  I caught her at work at Trader Joes a few days before she left, and the day of our last girls' night.  We will miss her!


These girls.  I heart them.














1 comment: