Tuesday, July 21, 2015

End of May stuff

Memorial Day weekend.  It happens.  And sometimes, over the course of that weekend, you have a rooftop party that is amazing.  Like this one I went to.  It was a perfect night. 

Same view, before sunset and after.

#nycloveaffair.  No really.

Some girls I like so much.
My not-so-subtle photo bomb of Beau's moment. He loved it. :-)

More girls I like, talking about life's secrets.  And that view.
\


The next day you try for first New York City knish.  And it's a little bit ridiculous. 

Braden and I, having a moment.  Because of the food stuffed in our mouths.

On the big day, which is Monday, it dawns as a gorgeous day.  You have brunch with a few girlfriends.  Then you take a run to help digest said brunch for Jacob's Pickles so that you can attend a barbecue later in the afternoon. After the barbecue, a movie, at which Melanie and David both demonstrate some natural tendency toward Irish dancing.  Then you have a date for dessert.  A winning day, I believe.


Above it all, you get to be grateful for the sacrifices made on your behalf for the freedom you enjoy.  Thank you, Uncle Keith, Uncle Revo, Greg Schaelling, Chris Shuck, and Michael Riding, my uncles and cousins who are part of that.  Amen. 

PS- I had to throw this in here.  Chris is on his mission in Argentina, and I'm so proud of him I could burst.  Here he is, in his element.  With a guitar in hand.  I can't think of a more Chris-like missionary picture.  This is so HIM.  I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment