Thursday, July 2, 2015

May stuff

May was pretty uneventful.  But it happened.  Yes it did.  

My friend Sharon helped to organize a symposium to talk about some of the issues related to being single in the church.  It was fabulous, and a great excuse for some friends to come up from DC for the weekend.  Even though it rained. 

 

Plus, there was this.  The view from the waterfront under the Brooklyn Bridge never gets old. 


Sometimes you take selfies while skyping with family.  It's fine.  


Then your brother Dave adds his own touch to the door in Mapleton and sends you proof.  And you laugh really hard.


My great friend Lisa Howard is a star!  I knew, as her changing partner in Les Miz (we shared a dresser, so always sat together with our costumes), that she was meant for big things.  Even as she insisted on putting her hot, stocking-ed feet on me.  Gross.  And she laughed.  But really, she is the funniest lady and ridiculously talented.  And finally, she is starring in a new Broadway show!  Literally, she is the leading lady.  I'm so amazed.  I got to see her in It Shoulda Been You.  Loved the show, loved even more seeing my girl own the stage.  She's fantastic.  


Memorial Day was really fun- brunch with some of my favorite ladies, a barbecue, movie, and a date.  I packed it in!  And was exhausted and full by the end. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment