Thursday, May 21, 2015

Gary and Amy, and hey, Spring!



I am always learning new and cool things about my nieces and nephews as they grow up.  It's amazing to watch them become these full people with talents and passions and great personalities that have nothing to do with anyone but themselves.  For example, apparently Amy is in to A Cappella singing.  I did not know that until I saw that her group at school won their regional competition and were coming to Nationals in NYC.  What?!   I was so impressed, and so excited that I could be there to watch! Gary and I met up for some pizza and Levain beforehand, of course.  


The group did really well.  They didn't win, but it was really fun to be there.  I was so glad I could go.


Saturday was probably the nicest day of Spring yet.  It was STUNNING.  I was glad too, because the last time Amy was here last year it was rainy and cold the whole time.  So we had brunch and went to Central Park.  


We rented bikes and rode around the whole park; it was a dream.


  

Then, after another Levain cookie excursion, Gary left us at the theater to see Matilda since he had to fly out that afternoon.

 
  I had seen Matilda once already, but I loved it every bit as much the second time, if not more.  What a great show.  I have found that really great theater makes me emotional.  I am so deeply affected when all the elements come together so beautifully.  Matilda is one of those shows for me.  The music, staging, performances, the visual effects.  I was so happy the whole time.  And so happy to be there with Amy.


It was a really, really great day.  Again, living in a destination city is really kind of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment