Friday, May 15, 2015

The Best Birthday Gift Ever, Otherwise Known As Rob's Wedding.

Geez.  I have put this post off so long because I almost don't even know where to start.  I had a fabulous birthday weekend because I got to go to DC for Rob Moffat's wedding.  What that also meant was, I got to spend the day/weekend with some of my favorite friends in the whole world, the Tinneys, the Littles, plus Joseph Ogden, all in from Utah for the wedding.  I'll start with mah birthday and move on from there, shall I?  I shall. 

I took a bus down to DC on the big day, which was fine because I knew who was waiting for me on the other end.  So 4 hours on a bus was no big deal.  I met up with my people about mid afternoon at the Foggy Bottom metro station. 

 

Don't worry that when Chad told me Foggy Bottom, I thought he said "Soggy Bottom," so that is what I asked about when I got to the train station.  The attendant laughed at me sooo hard.  No biggie, I laughed with her, and marveled that the station attendants are so NICE in DC as opposed to NYC.  Seriously.  My friends laughed at me pretty hard too when I told them the story.  We ate dinner at some burger eatery; I don't even remember the name, but I sure did get a free birthday cake shake. 
:-)

 

We saw a play called Sheer Madness that night, and had a great time. We laughed so hard, in part because of the sweet boy in front of us who was REALLY enjoying himself.  I love audience members.  


Larene needed me to do a little bit of lunging for my day, and everyone else got in on the action.  Truly, I don't even know how or when this became my thing, and everyone knows it, but there it is. 
 Happy Birthday to me!  



I really do love my friends.  They are the best, and made my day so fun.  


Rob's wedding on Saturday wasn't until 4pm, so we went out and saw some sights in the morning.  Just a few monuments, you know, but enough walking that Larene needed to stretch out in preparation.  


Also captured for posterity would be my amazing style of sneakers with my skinny jeans, and Joseph's switch leaps in front of every monument.  It's fine. 





Jefferson Memorial
Jefferson with my faves.


FDR memorial

MLK Memorial

The wedding was just incredible! 

Mr. and Mrs. Rob and Courtney Moffat!
 First of all, beyond seeing my great friends from Utah, I was so excited to see Rob's family, who I haven't seen in years.  But then, all these old friends from college showed up that I had no idea would be there!  It was just a big reunion! 


 I could have died of happiness that day.  And the weather was gorgeous to boot.  


Oh, and yes, one of my best friends in the world married an amazing girl in a beautiful ceremony in the DC temple.  I cried.  I'm so happy for him.  So there was that.  Winning. 
  

The dinner was held at a lovely Italian restaurant.  


We all had assigned seats, and were all given T-shirts as party favors that said #worththewait on it. We ate really well that night.  The only problem I had was the bartender put way too much cream in my Coke.  This happened and it was gross.  Oh well.



Cristian was at the dinner as well.  He is also very close to Rob.  I haven't seen him in 4 years, and so it was kind of a big deal to see each other.  I met his new wife Venus, who was lovely, in all honesty.  I can't imagine being the new wife of a man when he sees his ex for the first time in years.  And witnessing all of it.  She was really gracious about the situation.  Truth be told, it was harder and more emotional than I thought it would be.  But we got it over with and were able to move on with the night.  I'm so everlastingly grateful for the support of my friends who were there with me, watching me to make sure I was alright.  I felt so loved that night and I'm profoundly thankful.  The night was still awesome, however.  I loved every minute, sans The Greeting Of The Ex.

Young Ambassador friends Jay and Marilee Spencer.


I stayed with my old friend Nancy Burgess, who I reconnected with this past year.  She lives in DC, and is good friends with the bride, Courtney.  It was so fun to see her!  

On Sunday we went to the Holocaust Museum.  It was stunning.  I really could spend days there, just learning about all the intricacies of that major aspect of our history.  It was horrifying and utterly fascinating, trying to comprehend how one person could influence so many people to commit such atrocities.  The way Hitler thought is so completely foreign to me that I can't even comprehend it.  

I had a beautiful weekend.  In every way.


Those crazies even sent me this pic to let me know they missed me.  


And then I came home to this.  #WHY


#springcallmemaybe

1 comment:

  1. This was so fantastic! How great that you have such awesome friends. I am so very happy for Rob and Courtney. Hooray! PS You look gorgeous in these pics. xo

    ReplyDelete