Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Spring In NYC: Worth Waiting For....I Think.

I accidentally posted this before it was ready, and before my previous post, which happened earlier in April.  That always bugs me, when I get my timelines out of order.  Anyway, spring has finally arrived in the last few weeks, and is still in the process of getting comfortable.  For example, it was stunning on Sunday, but then it's been a little chilly again these last couple of days.  In mid-May.  All the same, the world is beautiful again with evidence of spring, and I will even walk through pockets of lovely, flower-smelling air occasionally.  Those moments really make my day.  I need to store them in my memory bank for the upcoming spicy summer smells of the city, like sweat, urine, hot, crowded trains, etc...

The pictures below don't require too much comment, but I will add as necessary.  Most of them are from different places in Central Park. 


The sunset from the window of a home I babysit in quite frequently.  Too bad about that view over the Hudson...


Buildings in NYC are cool.  And clouds.  Clouds are cool.






A lunch with some ladies I like!  Shan, Melanie, her friend (that I don't remember the name of) and Terra.  The day was still a little cool, but so sunny and beautiful that we had to get outside to see what we could see.



After-church excursion to the Conservatory Garden in CP with my friend David.  He literally told me, "Sometimes I wish I had a bee costume that I could put on and run around in so I could pretend to pollinate the flowers."  Purely for the spectacle he would make.  In the moment, this was the best he could do. He makes me laugh so hard!


Tree of Life?






OK, this does have a filter on it, but not much.  The sky really was amazing that day.  And the Chrysler Building never disappoints.


This is Virginia Wilcox.  She and I were double cast as Tzeitel in a youth community production of Fiddler On The Roof when we were in high school.  I haven't seen her since.  She lives here, and we finally met for lunch.  What a great time to catch up on life.  It was a delight to see her!


I love pathways in the park.  I really do.


GREEEEEEEN.


The combination of a tree in bloom, greenery, a cool building and the sky get me every time.

#nycloveaffair


No comments:

Post a Comment