Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Life While Spring is Taking Its Sweet Time.

So, it turns out that life is still happening while Spring is figuring itself out.  Here is some evidence.  Please notice the wide array of seasonal clothing happening.  That's Spring in NYC for you.


A catch-up birthday dinner with Mel, Deb, and Brendan at The Meatball Shop.  I was a first timer, but will be going back, that's fer darn tootin'.  (I have no idea where that came from). 


Sister Groberg is transferred out of my branch.  One of my favorite missionaries.


Brooke Martin, one of my besties from college, came to town, and we met up with Paul Canaan for dinner.  Part of the old group together again for a minute.  It was amazing.  We just missed Karyn Mann, Eldon Kartchner, Wade Foster, and Carlos Encinias.  So weird, this passing of years.  It's been 15 years  and a lifetime, it seems, since we were in college together, Brooke and I were roommates, and a few of us were in Young Ambassadors and MDT together.  Life happens, I guess.  It was so good to see her, and even though Paul and I live here, I rarely see him either.  So it was delightful to get together. Old bonds...waxing very nostalgic at this moment....don't mind me.


Then there is John Preator, who happened to be working at the restaurant we were eating at.  Another old college friend, though from not quite so far back.  Always so great to see him!  (Can I please ditch the coat already?  It's April.  No?  Dang.)



This was a first for me- to see a Mennonite choir in the train station at Times Square, just singing and spreading the Good Word.  You know, like you do. 


Another first- an interfaith concert that my old ward in Harlem hosted.  I was asked to sing, so my friend Jon and I came up with a fun arrangement of "How Great Thou Art."  But really, the best part was watching the other choirs sing.  Let's be honest.  We don't hear music like that in our church.  What a fun night.


Kata Dean, one of my girls from Vegas, came through with her family!  We got to connect for a few minutes at church.  I love her!  So much fun living in a destination city.


Really though, Spring.  Pull it together.  I've got things to do.  And Vitamin D to absorb.

No comments:

Post a Comment