Friday, August 21, 2015

A Quick Look At July

July started like this: 

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir came to New York to sing at Carnegie Hall, and with them, my dear friend Amanda.  The Choir was amazing in that space.  



My first time in Carnegie Hall was a WIN.  



It was so great to spend some quality time with Amanda. We hit up the Natural History museum and Levain Bakery for her first Levain cookie, obviously.  





I think she was underwhelmed. 

Also: I ate a cannoli that I actually really liked.  Which is new for me.  So, there's that.



My cute friend Rachel had a birthday party.  I like her.



The Fourth of July happened!  I started the day with a little celebratory run in my Freedom Run socks from the 5k I did last year in Utah.  


Then Dallin, Rachel, Melanie and Ros and I went to Riis Beach.  The day started with some rain, but cleared up beautifully, and it was lovely. 

Mel, me, and Ros.  I just love my people!



Melanie and I made kind of a defective alligator, especially compared to Dallin's sand castle. 

 






The artist hard at work, while the children/strangers flock and take pictures.  And try to help.  And Rachel tries to harness the "helpful" energy. 



In the meantime, I just lay on the beach and chat instead of getting my hands dirty with creating things! ;-) I leave the child-whispering and sand-art to the experts. 



I mean...



Rachel. 



Mel and I.  I sure like her. And I like my hat.

  We ended the day by watching fireworks on top of the parking garage by Target on the east side of Harlem.  Murica!


Me, Dallin, Katerina (who joined for fireworks), Ros, and Rachel. 



Happy Fourth.  I love this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment