Monday, August 24, 2015

The Weekend I Rendezvoused With Kelly in DC!

Last month I bucked all kinds of responsibilities and went to DC for a supposed singles ward beach trip.  I have a few friends down there who invited me.  I also found out my cousin Kelly was going to be in town, and that was the clincher on me going!  


I say "supposed" because the night before, when I was already there, the trip was cancelled due to rain in the forecast.  Huge bummer.  But my friend Lindy and I, and Kelly, decided to go to the beach anyway.  So we got up really early, had some ridiculous pancakes at some market, and headed out.

Now, the beach is not just a little drive.  We had to go to Delaware.  I know.  What's in Delaware, for crying out loud?  Well, a beach, apparently.  It was a 2.5 hour drive, but we decided we were in the mood for a little day trip, so it was great.

We gambled and won!  The drive was stunning, the conversation fantastic, and by the time we got there, any rain or hint thereof, even clouds, were completely gone.  It was a beautiful day!  And the beach.  Delaware: who knew??


The beach we went to, Rehoboth Beach, definitely brought to mind turn-of-the-century stories I've read or shows I've seen (Ragtime, for one), where rich people say, "we are going to the coast for the summer."  I'm telling you, they went to Rehoboth Beach. It was beautiful, and had a boardwalk with tons of shops, old fashioned hotels and restaurants.  And real bathrooms and changing stations.  Also really crowded.  But we survived. Sidenote: my foot looks broken in the pic below, and that's a little awkward.


We ended the day with some really great pizza, ice cream, and headed home.  To all the people who bailed on the beach: Suckers.  

Oh, and I thought I would throw in some Hudson River, and a sunset.  You know, because I can. 




No comments:

Post a Comment