Sunday, October 11, 2015

Allison Came! And Other Happenings Of Early August.

I got back to the NYC after my too-short, lovely vacation and August came; weird how that happens. The first thing was a goodbye dinner for my good friend David.  It was held at Momofuku.  There were copious amounts of food, and definitely items on the set menu that I didn't need in my life.  But everything else was amazing, and it was great to be with some good friends. 


Saturday happened and so did a Broadway show!  I needed some theater in my life, so Mel and I went and saw An American In Paris.  It was a beautiful show.  One of those shows that I am totally not right for in any way, so I could just sit back and enjoy without critically thinking about how to get an audition for it. :-)


Allison came!  Allison came!  

 

 

To visit me, that is.  They just moved to Virginia, and so she made the trek and I was so glad.  We had a great few days.  I took her to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, of course, and across the Brooklyn Bridge.  And, I'm sorry.  This view will NEVER get old.  I'm amazed every time that I live here.  So I'm actually no sorry.


 (Just trying to get good at the panorama view on my phone.  You know.)

We did the Staten Island ferry, 



Central Park, and Shake Shack with David since it was his last day in the city.  He's been a big part of the last year for me, and I'll miss his crazy.  

 

I had to work some, so Allison and I just did a lot of hanging out at my place too.  It was very low key, but a really great visit.  I sure love that one.


I just love really, really good subway performers.  So much.

 

Jennifer is getting married!!!!!

This isn't my building, but it's on my street.  I love this place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment