Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Not So Lazy Days Of August

August continued to be busy!  I loved it, seeing as how I knew my days in the city were numbered.  That's covered in a later post. :-) 

Yet another beach day, this time a day trip to some beach in Rhode Island (I can't remember the name).  It was a really nice day to just hang out with some friends.
 
 
 
And sometimes the road workers need to entertain themselves.  So they make people.  It's fine.
 
 
 
Mala.  My girl.  We tried so hard to take a serious picture, but there was just no way that was going to happen.
 
 
Turns out, the sunsets are pretty awesome in the RI. 
 

A trip out to Governors Island for the Jazz Age Festival.  I really didn't take any pictures, but aren't Tamara and I cute?  It was a lovely afternoon sitting on a picnic blanket listening to a 1920's jazz band play all the hits from many years before my birth.  And the people watching was great.  Definitely an event I wanted to go to again before moving.
 
 
Sometimes I just need my people with me on a Sunday evening, so I plan a potluck.  Most had left by this time, but the rest were forced to document the moment.  I found a great tribe here.  Really. 
 
 
 
So, a straight Mormon girl walks into a gay country western bar with five gay Mormon boys....
 
 
 
It must be Rance's birthday!  This boy.  I sure love him.
 
 
I took myself on a date to see my friend Scott in an outdoor production of Measure For Measure.  The requisite Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory treat was a must, with the Bridge in the background while I waited for the play to begin.  What a fun evening, celebrating a friend's talent and Shakespeare done in a creative, innovative way. 


I am fully aware that sometimes I write really great, witty, or thoughtful posts.  And then sometimes they are more like lists of stuff I did, and I have no creative juice or energy to pour into a great post.  Sorry about it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment