Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fun Happenings! Oh, And We Had a Blizzard.

Tuesday a friend called me and told me he had free tickets to go see the New York City Ballet, and did I want to go?  Um, YES.  This is what I love about NYC.  Sometimes you run into really cheap or even free tickets to cultural events.  And not just some rinky dink event.  This is the NYC Ballet.  It was fantastic!  We sat in the second row, and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening. 

I totally got in trouble for taking this picture of the hall.  Whoops.


Then the next night was a fun date to the Mumford and Sons concert in Brooklyn.  Again, what a great opportunity!  I am not even an avid fan, so to speak, but after the concert, I am now.  They were amazing live. 


And by the way, we had a blizzard on Friday.  His name was Nemo.  I kind of have a feeling that at least for us in NYC it wasn't too much worse than a snow storm in Mapletopia.  But being in a walking city where most people don't have cars, and the city in general isn't really prepared for this kind of thing, it was a big deal.  All it meant for me was a vegging out with my friends night.  With a lot of food, as usual. 





The aftermath on Saturday morning.  A snow-covered Harlem.

Check out these awesome pics I took on Saturday in Central Park.  Not bad, iPhone 5, not bad. :-)







1 comment: