Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Obsessed with Spring, Pippin Opening, and the Most Mind-blowing Cookie.


It has been a month since my last update, and what a month it has been.  I am not even going to try and fit it all into one post.  So I will just start and hopefully within a few posts will be caught up.

I am still obsessed with Spring, and taking pictures of the trees and loveliness!  It even smells good outside, which it kind of an accomplishment for New York.  The weekend before I went home, my friend Melanie told me about a Cherry Blossom Festival over on Randall's Island.  Since we want to hit every island in the area this summer anyway, we figured Randall's Island was a good place to start.

We didn't know that the Cherry Blossom Festival consisted of a couple of trees next to a construction site. Oh well.  It was kind of cute, there were some booths up, and Mel and I wrote our names in Japanese.  Or we were told that is what we were doing.  For all I know, I painted the words of "I Am Cheese."

It was chilly morning on Randall's Island, but an adventure, and that is what we were looking for.

This is a cookie from Levain Bakery.  I almost can't talk about it.  It kind of changed my life.

And, Pippin opened.  It was a fun night.  It is exciting to be part of the opening of a Broadway show.  It is just that next time, I want to be actually on the stage, OK?  Thanks.

All the other Broadway shows send well wishes, which is a fun show of community.

The day after opening, I was off to Utah for two weeks.  I was so ready for a break from auditioning, I couldn't even handle myself.  A break from auditioning I got, but a break in general?  Not even close.  More on that in another post.

2 comments:

  1. That cookie looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog is more behind than yours by far. Good for you for taking it in small chunks. :-) So happy that I was part of your two weeks in UT! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete