Sunday, July 14, 2013

#nycspring

So I haven't done a general post for a bit.  Spring here was awesome.  Besides Coney Island,  there have been a few other adventures, and just over all, some awesome spring days here in the Big Apple.  So, as the spring moves in to summer and everything that means (woof), I wanted to give a shout out to spring in New York City.

The rain, oh, the rain.  It has rained SO MUCH.  You can't really tell by this picture, I guess, but I got soaked up to the knees in a rain storm last month.  No good.  And yes, I wear little socks so I don't get blisters.  Get over it.  And the humidity?  Forget about it.  Really looking forward to summer....oh wait.  It rains just as much in the summer.  And the humidity is worse, and it is hotter. 

When is autumn again?

I digress.

I love doing temp work because I go to all these cool offices all over the city, and some of them have views that are just fabulous.  Here are just a few.


 
 
This is not a great picture, but I went to a music night at my friends Cameron and Nikki's house, and it was a perfect early summer night.  Really.  It was perfect.  Except I am figuring out the hard way that the mosquitoes are out for blood here.

The Hudson River. I just love the rivers.  I love the water.  These are shots from two different days when I was just out walking, one time with my friend Melanie.  I seriously love, LOVE exploring this city. 

Central Park, a favorite place for me:





A few weeks ago, my friend Kristin and I went after church down to the Lincoln Center where there were 88 pianos on display.  They were all decorated and built upon in some way to be very unique.  It was really cool.  I just feel so lucky to live in a place that has unusual events like this.  I love it!

So, I got a new bed.  Why?  Would you believe I have been sleeping on an air mattress for the last 8 months?  Believe it. 

And would you believe that my air mattress stitching started to come out, so a huge air bubble started to form, and I still slept on it?  Believe it again, and don't judge.  I am busy and poor.  But Melanie came to the rescue by giving me her bed that she was replacing.  So now I am not so embarrassed to give someone a tour of my apartment.  Because that's a big deal.

My friend Jon came into town, and we went to Annie.  Really cute show.  I just like Broadway.  And friends.  It was good to see him. 









And, what would an "I <3 NYC" post be without a great pic from my favorite place in the city, the High Line?

You're welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! How cool is this?! I'm so glad you write this blog and I can vicariously explore NYC. It's so fun! xo

    ReplyDelete