Monday, November 18, 2013

The Self-Soother On The Train.

 
Last week I got on the train to go home after a pretty long day.  As I settled in to my book, I looked up and saw this.


That woman proceeded to suck her finger ALL THE WAY to my stop.  Sha alternated between sitting there with her finger in her mouth, and then dozing off and actively sucking, exactly like a baby would on a pacifier or its own thumb.  I was dying.  She would go rummage in her bag with her other hand, or scratch her face, fall asleep, wake up, look around, all with that finger in her mouth.  It was the best. Whew.  She must be tired.  I just wondered if she had buck teeth. 

As I got off the train at my stop, I accidentally bumped her foot.  As I looked at her in apology, she just waved me off with that hand, finger still in her mouth.  Like it ain't no thing.

I am getting very good at taking pictures of people on the sly.  Is that a talent? 

And, I couldn't leave you without my latest running picture.  LOVE. 

1 comment: