Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Oh Utah, How I Love Thee...Part 2

Or in other words, Disneyland = Happiest Place On Earth? 
 
Amateurs.
 
Heaven.  No filter.
I am pretty sure the above view from the back deck at The Ranch has been in multiple blog posts.  But IT NEVER GETS OLD.  However, I'm getting ahead of myself...

After Aspen Grove, I went to my dear friends Deb and Brenden's wedding.  That was an amazing day, and has its own post.

The next week was just more family time, since some of the fam stayed in town for a while longer, and spending time with friends.  It was great, with some needed down time too.  Not a lot to say about it, but I sure do love my people.  I also got some time on my favorite neighborhood hiking trail, Whiting Canyon.  Cyndi and Carolynn joined that party a few times.


I have to give a shout out to Becca's therapy jar.  It's real, folks.  I was never sure.  But she really does have a jar to save up for her kids' therapy after a "stellar mom day."  This made me so happy.
  And by the way, Sarah did NOT want me to show this picture of Eva, but I can't not.  She's too cute.  And it's my blog. :-)


Thursday night I went down to The Ranch with my cousin Kelly for our extended Riding family reunion.  The Ranch really is my happy place.  I've talked about it before, but I really just can't say enough. Even more of my favorite people were there.  It was gorgeous weather, and we just played and ate and sat, and hiked a bit, played with babies, it was heaven.

We had an old fashioned money grab, with coins in the sawdust that the kids dove into.  Even my mom got a turn.  And that Naomi, I will tell you.  She's a formidable opponent. 

There is always time for a family talent show, and the Cannons did not disappoint with their skit, starring Seth, Cyndi, Adam, Elissa, and Jon Jon. 

It was really hard to leave and come back to reality a few days later, especially since I missed these crazy kids' 53rd anniversary by a day.  Mom and Dad are amazing.  They still laugh together, show love for each other, and roll their eyes behind each other's backs.  That's love.  I hope to have a relationship like theirs someday, and until then, I am content being their favorite charity case.

I have had conversations with people around the question, if you could choose either place to have a dream home, would it be on the beach or in the mountains?  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE the beach.  But I think I would choose the mountains.  Especially after some much time in the gorgeous mountains of Utah.

I mean, come on.  Wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment