Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Odds and Ends of August









First day back from vacation.  Yep, this is why I live in NYC.
 
Sometimes Gary comes on business, and has meetings cancelled, and we get to hang out.  It's the best.

This man was living for his roller skates in Central Park. ;-)


 
And some Central Park goodness.  Possibly my favorite view from the inside.
 

And then my childhood friend Kristi comes to town and specifically asks me to pose in a lunge for a pic on the High Line.  I have no idea when this became a thing, but it has been for years.  And of course, I obliged.  Naturally.

This was posted on a lamp post, complete with little tear-off strips on the bottom:
"I'm really looking for a girlfriend.  This is not a joke.  Just tired of the singles scene and hoping to meet the right person.  I am a professional artist and creative person.  You know who you are.  To me each and every person is beautiful.  Open to the possibility of the relationship morphing into something more profound."
Maybe it was a hoax.  I kind of hope not.  Any takers?

I nanny-ed some out of town kids for a few days.  First of all, it takes some serious $$$ to entertain kids in this city.  Sheesh.  Anyway, we went to a cool exhibit by Nathan Sawaya.  He uses Legos for his art medium.  It was so cool! He had a lot of original work, but also would take established, well-known work and recreate it in Legos.  We loved it.  The 10 year old said, "This is getting weirder and cooler all the time!"

Outdoor movies in NYC are the best.  Karate Kid in Bryant Park?  YES.
More Central Park goodness, courtesy of the picnic after church, my friend Paul's camera, and the skyline. Don't ask me what Ned and I are doing.  I don't know.

 
That awesome Saturday when I went running by the river, and then hung out with a friend all afternoon, and at The Big Gay Ice Cream Shop we found this.  Bea Arthur holding court with a unicorn.  Of course.


And then on that same evening, I went to my first Mets game,
followed by a Boyz II Men concert. 
WHAT.  It was amazing!  My teenage self died and went to heaven.  It was one love ballad after another, bringing back to many amazing and awkward memories of school and church dances.  The best.   Overall, a really great day.



 And finally, Jeff and I are clearly meant to be friends, because we keep matching outfits.  It's fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment