Monday, November 24, 2014

Halloween Blaze

Another fun thing I did in October to celebrate the Fall/Halloween season was go to the Halloween Pumpkin Blaze in the Hudson Valley, about an hour and a half out of the city.  It was basically like those parks with tons of Christmas lights in crazy designs, except with carved pumpkins.  They weren't all real (how could they be, I guess), but a lot of them were.  It was the perfect combination of awesome and slightly creepy, with different areas and scenes and music in minor keys playing throughout.  It was very cool, and the company was even better.  I don't have a lot to say about it, so here are the pics:

The crew: Ty, Emily, Dallin, Alexis, Ros, Sharon, David, me.  (The one on the end, looking like a stranger photo bombing someone else's picture).




Jack O Lantern In The Box?

A zoo, you know...



The Bride of Frankestein.  And a graveyard.

With Faux-Pumpkin (or Fumpkin) Zombies.

Self explanatory.  And creepy.

We are very close to Sleepy Hollow, of Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow takes place.  So, naturally, we have The Headless Horesman.

Chinese New Year?  Nope, just a fumpkin dragon.


My girl Alexis and I.


Sometimes you just need to end a blog post with a picture of a cool lantern.

1 comment:

  1. I just took some time to go through your latest entries. What fun and what beauty you are surrounded with! The Halloween Park was so striking! Wished I could have been on all your get-a-ways! Of course some of the climbing on the beams would be a challenge!

    Love, you, Dad

    ReplyDelete