Monday, November 17, 2014

Our Day in the Leaves. or Storm King

I feel like I'm about to tell you some Nordic myth about a king who created storms to stop wars and prove to his queen how much he loved her.  Or something.  But I'm actually just going to tell you about the sculpture park my friends and I went to.  It happens to be called Storm King, and the leaves are stunning this time of year.  The sculptures were cool, but really, I just wanted to play in the leaves!  It was Fall paradise.

It was a perfect weather day, and the drive upstate was beautiful in and of itself.


The best sculpture of the day was a picket fence made of mirrors.  It was fascinating!  A rare mirror selfie moment for me, but totally necessary.



Most of these pictures really speak for themselves.  There are a ton, but can you blame me?















Sharon and I, trying to take a pic, unsuccessfully.  


This is when I dared David to to somersaults up the hill.  And he did.  It was amazing and hysterical.





Mel and Jon, just being.  


David, just...I'm not sure what he is doing.



This David saw me climbing and insisted he didn't need to try it himself.  He lied.


Eating some amazing pizza in Cornwall on the way home.  An adorable main street.


Oh, I love Fall.  And I love living on the East Coast for it.  It's my favorite.


1 comment:

  1. Fall is for sure my favorite, and living on the East Coast looks pretty amazing too!!!!! You sure do have lots of adventures!!!! I am so glad. xo

    ReplyDelete