Sunday, December 23, 2012

Just Some Christmas Goodness

Parties, lights, friends, family, food.  That's what is happening in December.  Christmastime is always good, and when I can do it both in New York AND Utah, it is extra good.  New York City is just fun and exciting, with all kinds of fun Christmas things to do and see, and Utah is just.  Home. 

A night out with my boys Jeff Stevens and Rance Wright. 


Peppermint hot chocolate and the Rockefeller Tree?  Yes. 

Fifth Avenue.  These people  know how to do Christmas.

Not a great pic, but this is the Harry Winston store.  It looked beautiful.

Tiffany & Co.  That is a HUGE diamond in the middle.

Fifth Avenue. 


The Plaza Hotel


Did you know there is an actual Resident area of the Plaza?  People actually live there.  I tried to go in, like I owned the place.  Just kidding.  
Just a little bit of skating at Bryant Park in the morning.  (Not me.  Heavens, no). 


SoHo, while shopping for Christmas presents.

Have I said yet in this post how obsessed I am with New York?  Obssessed. 
 OK, this takes a little bit of explanation.  One of the parties I attended was given by Ryan and Kimberly Simmons, in my ward, and fellow BYU/theater people.  We all met at the 96th/Bway train stop with gifts.  As we walked toward Ryan and Kimberly's apartment on 116th street, we stopped random strangers and offered them our gifts.  It was hysterical, and uncomfortable, and fun to just spread some Christmas cheer.  New Yorkers sure are an un-trusting bunch....Anyway, we ended up at their DARLING home for treats and games.  Among the activities was the traditional jello mold drop, in which they drop a jello mold out of their 5th floor window into the alley below.  If you can hear the splat on the street, it will be a good Christmas.  Verdict came in with a forecast for a very good Christmas. :-)
I know how skinny I look in this picture.  It really is just the angle.  I wish it wasn't.

Seth Baird and I.  Sometimes you have to take family portraits in front of a tree.

Our fabulous hosts, Ryan and Kimberly Simmons.
 My brother in law Tim came into town last week, and I took him and a few of his friends around the city.  We visited Bryant Park again, and a great tree.   Still, none of us needed to ice skate.  Go figure.   There was another visit to High Line Park for me since I wanted to take them as well.  They loved it, and I loved it all over again.  We also visited the 9/11 Memorial, and Columbus Circle where there were lots of Christmas shops to browse.  They finished off the day at Evita while I worked.  It was great to see Tim, and so fun to feel like a local as I showed off my new home.



Cool shot from the High Line


 I am newly in love with Instagram, an app on my phone that allows me to add cool filters to my pictures.  Obsessed.

And...home.  My backyard is awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment