Monday, November 26, 2012

Catching Up Still: Summer, Part 3. Maybe I Went to Hawaii By Myself. It's Fine.

So, I went on vacation by myself.  And loved it.   My cousin Allison lives in Hawaii with her family (so maybe that doesn't totally count in the "by myself" department, but I am trying to capitalize on my independent image).  Chris is stationed there with the Army; really rough life for them, I am sure.  Anyway, I took myself on a vacation after Crazy For You closed to visit family and see this strange land called Hawaii.

I might be in love.  Allison and I went on adventures while the kids were in school to Pearl Harbor and Diamond Head State Park.  We also visited different beaches by ourselves and with the whole family.  Allison, Chris and I went to dinner in Waikiki with some friends.  And we did a whole lot of good, high quality chatting, Riding family style.  Just a few pictures to send you on your way:

Allison and I in front of the USS Missouri

The USS Missouri is the last battleship ever built by the USA.

It is also the site of Japan's formal surrendur at the end of WW II.

USS Arizona Memorial.  Fallen ship, 1,177 fallen soldiers trapped inside.


Pearl Harbor.



I have never seen a working sub before, and so up close!

The neighborhood beach, no big deal.  With subs just passing by.

4 of the 5 munchkins I love so much.


Waimea Bay

Chris, Allison and I, soaking it up.  I needed some sun.  Still do.

Duke's in Waikiki




Just out driving on a Sunday afternoon...



The view from the top of Diamond Head.

I kind of love lighthouses.
Sandy Beach

Allison and I definitly took advantage of the kids being in school to have adventures.




Great people.  Great vacation.  Family is cool.

 



 

1 comment:

  1. That looked soooo fun! I could use some of that right now haha. You look awesome too, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete