Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lunch Break Explorations

The other day I worked at an investment bank on 52nd and Park Ave.  I have worked there before, and I love it because they are so nice, and they feed you lunch every day. :-)  If I always worked there, it would not be good.  But since it is only on occasion, I feel great about it. 

So I went exploring a bit on my lunch break.  Here is what I found.  Disclaimer: I actually discovered these sights on my first time at this office.  But it was no less fun the other day when I was taking pics.

St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church. It was built in 1917.  I love finding historic churches amidst the concrete jungle of Manhattan.  I love churches so much that I may end up doing a whole blog post about all the ones I see all the time here.
 

Every time I think of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel I think of the movie Serendipity.  One of the things I love about living here is that I get to see places that I have only read about or seen in movies.  I still get excited about it.  I am a big nerd, I know, but that is what happens.

I didn't want to be totally tacky and take pictures of everything, but the bathrooms!  They were so fancy!  Every stall was actually its own little private bathroom.  I was very overwhelmed by the fanciness of it all. 




I just love this view from Park Ave.  I think I have seen it in some movie or another.  For some reason, this feels iconic New York to me.  So I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I love old churches too! Sooo much. Maybe even more than fancy bathrooms. But I've never been in a bathroom as fancy as that...so I don't know. Thanks for sharing your world with us!

    ReplyDelete