Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Funny Valentines

OK, I'm back.  The last couple of weeks have been really busy, and I have a hard time finding my weekly motivation to talk about it.  For the most part, just life as usual, auditioning, living the dream.  Nothing too exciting.  But I have been remiss on a few things.  Anywhoosers....

On Valentine's Day, I was my own Valentine, and I felt great about it.  (Incidentally, I did have a date that night, and while it was a great night, it was a first date, therefore, it didn't really count.  Back to my story).  I figured, if I can't be my own Valentine, I certainly can't be anyone else's.  And good Valentines always shows up with flowers.  So I showed up for myself that day.  It was great.

On the train ride home from my audition, beautiful roses proudly in hand, I got sandwiched on the train between and MASSIVE man who reeked of cigarette smoke, and a woman eating Indian food.  I half expected my roses to wilt.  By the time I got off that train, I thought I might be sick.  It was not a shining moment in NYC public transit life.

But THEN, I arrived home to this lovely Valentine from my sister Cyndi and her family in Oregon:

It made my day even more.  Now I had lots of Valentines!



Happy Valentine's Day to me!

1 comment:

  1. OK, we love this post and we love you! I think it's FABULOUS that you bought your own V-day flowers. You just crack me up. We also love Cyndi's V-day card a feel a bit pathetic that such a great idea escaped us. Anyway...thinking of you! Love, C and clan

    ReplyDelete