Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Gig, The Train and the Tranny.

On Thursday I had a singing gig in New Canaan, CT.  My friend Joseph, who works in External Relations for the Marriott School of Business Management at BYU, was planning an event with their National Advisory Council and hired me to come out and sing at it.  So I grabbed my friend/accompanist Ryan and off we went on the Metro-North Train to New Canaan.  It was my first time taking a train out of the City, so it was kind of exciting.  That little detail is important.  Remember that.

It was a really fun night.  We ate yummy food (of course, always the food), and Ryan and I were a big hit, and I hope they raised lots of money for the school.  New Canaan is gorgeous.  I love living in NYC (obvi), but every time I leave it and go to a suburb I wonder why I live in the City.  Anyway, it was really fun; I was so glad to be asked.

So Ryan and I get on the train about 9:30pm to come back.  The train ride is supposed to be a little over an hour long, and we have a stop in Stamford in the middle of it.  We were both pretty tired, but just chatting with each other and anxious to get home.  During the stop in Stamford, we just stayed on the train.  Why not?  Eventually, the train started.  And we started going backward.

Back the way we came.

Back to New Canaan.

It wasn't until then that we realized we were supposed to transfer at Stamford, not just sit on the train and wait to get going again.


Wooooppppsssss.....

The best part was, we had watched a guy get on the train and ask if it was the train going to NYC.  Another man shook his head "no."  WE WATCHED THIS.  And we still thought, that's crazy.  Of course this is the train going back.  Where else would it be going?  Well, it was going back to New Canaan, that's where.  By this time it was about 10:30, and we wanted to die.

Anyway....we got all the way back to New Canaan, and all the way back to Stamford, and sure did get off the train to transfer.  When our train finally came, we got our reward for the whole painful experience in the form of the largest cross dresser I have ever seen. 

This tranny was huge.  Like, 6'10".  No joke.  And broad as a linebacker.  By unspoken agreement, Ryan and I found two seats just facing her so we could watch as she chatted, very loudly, about her life to anyone who would listen.  I even got a few pictures, but they aren't very good.  You have to look at her shoes!   At one point, she took off her wig to reveal a completely bald head, brushed out the wig, and put it back on.  Her outfit was amazing; all hot pink mesh.  She did not leave a whole lot to the imagination, if you know what I mean. 

*I mean no disrespect to transsexuals, transgender individuals, drag queens, transvestites, etc.  I am actually kind of fascinated, and would love to meet someone someday that could give me insight into the world of gender-bending, to put it generally.  It just seems to be that whenever I run into a tranny, she happens to be one who is so outlandish in her dress and demeanor that I can't help but be entertained.  And I seem to run into them a lot.  I do live in New York City.*

We got home after midnight, tired but in one piece.  And don't think I didn't already have this blog post formulating in my mind....






No comments:

Post a Comment