Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sometimes I Go See Shows

I wish I had the time/money to see all the shows I want to see.  But sometimes I get to go, and this is what I have seen recently:


Once: The Musical.  A. Mazing.  My friend Steph came into town and we had lunch and hit the matinee.  I was really sad that Steve Kazee wasn't in that day, but it was still so so so good.  And Cristin Milioti?  Forget about it.  She was stunning.

And...we found a toilet set piece on the street.  You know, like you do in the NYC.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?: Saw this with Max, Brendan and Deb the other night.  Acting?  Absolutely incredible.  How they go there 8 shows a week is beyond me.  Production value?  It's Broadway.  Of course it was great.  Great writing.  Really great, complex characters.  The only thing is, I wanted to kill myself almost the whole show because it was so sad and distressing seeing the way these relationships worked, or didn't work, as the case may be.  All the discontent of their lives was hard.  It was a hard show to watch, but so good at the same time.

Max and I, first intermission.  Yes, there were two.  It was that long and that intense that the audience needed two opportunities to decompress. 

That's it.  I love me some shows, and I go every chance I can get. :-)

1 comment:

  1. So great! And...I just heard you get to see Stomp next week. Jealous! Have fun! xo

    ReplyDelete